Dairying for Tomorrow Awards
Goal: Recognize local dairy farmers in the American Dairy Association North East region and showcase the unique actions they take, on and off the farm, to help sustain the dairy industry.
Purpose: To recognize dairy farmers and farm families who display a passion for dairying and utilize practices that will help lead their dairy into the future.
The Categories: Regional awards will be presented in each of the three categories:
- Animal Care: innovates for greater cow comfort and animal well-being.
- Environmental Stewardship: excels in protecting natural resources and the environment.
- Community/Consumer Outreach: advocates for dairy within community
Meet Last Year’s Recipients!
Cottonwood Farms LLC
Environmental Stewardship Award Winner
Aukema Dairy Farm and Dutch Hill Creamery
Chenango Forks, NY
Ideal Dairy Farms
Hudson Falls, NY
Animal Care Award Winner
The Details & Fine Print:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must be located within the 8 American Dairy Association North East regions. (Your Region will be automatically determined when you fill out the application.)
- The farm must currently be shipping milk.
- The contact name and phone number of two non-family and/or farm partner references must be included in application.
- All entries received and any materials submitted as part of the nomination become the property of ADA North East and will not be returned.
- Online submissions only.
- Nominations may come for any affiliate of the farm including, but not limited to: owner, employee, veterinarian, nutritionist, feed salesman, extension agent, etc.
- Deadline for online submissions is April 30, 2017.
- Please see the full contest rules here.
Regional awards will be presented in each of the three categories (Animal Care, Community/Consumer Outreach and Environmental Stewardship) in the eight regions across ADA North East territory. These winners will receive a “Dairying for Tomorrow” farm sign to display and will be entered to win the overall award for their category.
Each regional winner must take part in a farm walk-through to qualify to be an overall category winner. This walk-through will be done by an ADA North East staff member to confirm all items identified on the application and to deliver the “Dairying for Tomorrow;” farm sign.
The overall winner in each category will each receive a $1,000.00 donation of their choice of dairy products to their regional food bank, or towards the implementation of a smoothie program in their local school.
They also will receive a farm photo shoot and short promotional video developed by ADA North East. Winners will work with ADA North East to schedule the photo shoots. The photos and promotional videos will be used by ADANE for dairy farmer image campaigns on social media. The video and photos taken at the farm shoot will be made available to the farm.
The overall category winners will be presented during the dairy awards breakfast at the New York State Fair or Ag Progress Day in Pennsylvania, depending on your farm’s location. If you are an overall winner, an ADA North East staff member will notify you of where your award will be presented.
In addition, we will award one honorable mention in each category. They will receive a farm photo shoot!
For questions on the award or application process please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.