Drink Chocolate Milk After Your Next Workout
Why should I drink chocolate milk?
Low-fat chocolate milk is a nutrient-packed fitness drink that can play an important role in your recovery routine. Chocolate milk is a great choice after exercise
because it contains a unique mix of nutrients that help muscles refuel, which can help towards the next workout. Milk has high-quality protein to build lean muscle, calcium to keep bones strong, electrolytes such as potassium, magnesium and calcium that are lost in sweat, and fluids to help with hydration. Several recent studies found that drinking low-fat milk after exercise offered an advantage compared to water or traditional sports drinks when it comes to staying hydrated after strenuous exercise. Plus, milk is a good source of the B vitamins riboflavin, niacin and vitamin B-12 that help the body convert food into energy.
Nine Essential Nutrients
Good taste meets great health. Milk is packed full of nine essential nutrients that your body needs: calcium, vitamins A, D and B12, protein, potassium, riboflavin, niacin and phosphorus. So what’ll it be – a chalky multivitamin or a smooth, delicious glass of milk? Download Milk’s Nine Essential Nutrients flyer to learn how each nutrient helps keep your top in top form.
Milk’s nine essential nutrients contribute to good health throughout the body:
- Calcium builds strong bones and is especially important for women who may be prone to osteoporosis.
- Vitamin A works to ensure healthy vision, skin and immune system function.
- Vitamin D aids in the absorption of calcium and helps boost the immune system.
- Vitamin B12 helps give the body energy, and promotes normal brain and nervous system activity.
- Protein is essential for healthy muscles, skin, hair and virtually everything in your body!
- Potassium keeps blood pressure regulated and body fluids balanced.
- Riboflavin helps the body process other nutrients to gain energy.
- Niacin helps maintain good cholesterol levels and rids the body of toxins.
- Phosphorus works in tandem with calcium and vitamin D to build strong bones.
Chocolate Milk Tips
- Low-fat chocolate milk can help you get ready for your next workout. Its carbs and protein help refuel and repair muscles. It has fluid to rehydrate your body and electrolytes such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium to replenish what is lost in sweat. Chocolate milk has the added bonus of bone building nutrients to help maintain strong bones.
- Want muscle? Get milk! Along with regular exercise, protein can help build and maintain lean muscle. Milk has high quality protein – essential for athletes who want to perform their best.
- Low-fat or fat-free chocolate milk is a great choice after your next game or practice. Milk contains a mix of nutrients that help your muscles refuel, which can help you get ready for the next workout.
- Low-fat chocolate milk is a natural source of high-quality protein, which, when combined with exercise, can help build lean muscle. Chocolate milk also has carbohydrates, electrolytes and fluids to help athletes refuel and replenish after exercise.
- Low-fat milk has nine essential nutrients, including calcium and vitamin D for strong bones and protein for lean muscle. Studies suggest being active, eating right and drinking three glasses of fat-free or low-fat milk each day may help maintain a healthy weight.
Still want to learn more about how to use chocolate milk to refuel? Ask us!